Follow up to Mantis Issue 4711

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Tue Feb 16 05:34:13 CST 2010

Hello Beatrix,

> valentina-bounces at lists.macserve.net schrieb am 10.02.2010 21:33:16:
>
>> Valentina.DebugLevel = 3     <<<<<<<<<<<<< lets produce log to see

> Okay, will try this.

It  would  be  helpful  to  get  such  a server log. Then, I hope, we could say
something particular how it could be happened.

>> Timing?
>> Only if think about 10 min demo timeout may be ...

> No. I meant with database creation and then adding data to it. One
> reason for code working sometimes but not others is when timing
> issues involved. The application of course uses a fully licensed Valentina.

>> So you say that it works works works the same code many times
>> Then suddenly crashes?

> The application is in beta so it doesn't have at the moment too
> many users. The last crash I haven't seen myself and I try to hit
> the database as hard as I can during testing. I have asked the user
> for the database and the application error log. With this I can say more.

>> And as I understand it is hard give us something to reproduce, yes?

> I will try to simplify the code.

Strictly   speaking   SQL-way   much   more   preferable   choice  for
vClient-vServer  programming.  Because  of  sql  statement is executed
blocking  the  server  and  you  have  a  guarantee  that nothing will
interrupt  your  query.  In  contrast - API requires a set of
statements   to   perform  the  same  thing  and here you should think
of doing such "blocking" self in either way (not a simple task).
So I would high recommend to choose the SQL-way in such environment.
Moreover  it could be more speedy solution because of reducing network
traffic.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc