vserver and dropbox

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Aug 12 01:40:50 CDT 2010

On 8/11/10 11:59 PM, "william humphrey" <bill at bluewatermaritime.com> wrote:

Hi William,

> It will take me a while as I've tried everything simple (different
> kind of alias and pointer files). I need to reconfigure vServer office
> so it points at the dropbox folder instead of
> Library/VServer_office/database
>
> The dropbox folder is Users/User_Name/Dropbox/database
>
> Once I do that it will just work. I've done it with many other
> programs and it is a very nice feature.

To change path you need change it in the INI file.

But I doubt this idea will work ...

You know .. It can work only if you will move to dropbox not db itself which
is NOW running under vserver, but its backup copy.

Deal is that backup copy is safe and must be in the valid state.

And you can do backups .e.g each 1 hr  or each 24 hrs.