vTable.AddRecord

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon Apr 19 07:12:04 CDT 2010

On 19/4/10 12:33 AM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at cognosis.be> wrote:

> Sorry to chime in guys.
>
> I seem to remember that this thread started with a question from Matt asking
> how he could speed up importing records ?
> If this is correct it seems to me that the standard solution for this kind of
> problem has not yet been suggested.
>
> Just before importing drop all indexes on the table you are importing to and
> once finished importing rebuild your indexes.
>
> If I missed the boat completely please disregard.

Hi Bart,

Actually I have mention this way, and let me repeat once again.

    Just drop all indexes in table, then return them back,
    can require from you

    a) write 2 functions to do this correctly
    b) keep this functions up to date if you modify table later.

Instead of all this, we have provide simple single line way

    VTable.IndexChanges = false

    VTable.IndexChanges = true