V4RB: Naming Convention for ObjectPtr-Link

Claudius Sailer claudius.sailer at me.com
Tue Apr 6 23:29:46 CDT 2010

Hi,

Am 06.04.2010 um 22:43 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

> On 4/6/10 10:14 AM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at cognosis.be> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
>> for linking tbl_person and tbl_phones:
>>
>> lnk_person_has_phone or lnk_phone_of_person
>>
>> Actually we did not use the lnk_ part, but in retrospect it would have been
>> better (easier to filter out what you need when working in the sql-editor)
>
> Yes, this is the most common method to give names for links.
> Can be even automated :)

I do it now this way.

tablename_fieldname__referencetablename

In the past I thought link and link name is internal database stuff, because I never worked or used this names. But now I am running on a problem and had to ALTER all ObjectPtr-Links and set a name.
I am coming from V4RB 1.x through 2.x .... and so on, so I naver set a name in the past and missed the time when it was necessary to give a name for the links.

thanks

Claudius

--
iMac CD 2GHz / MacOS X 10.6.2de / RB 2010r1/ Valentina 4.5
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de