V4RB: Naming Convention for ObjectPtr-Link

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Apr 6 15:43:12 CDT 2010

On 4/6/10 10:14 AM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at cognosis.be> wrote:

Hi All,

> for linking tbl_person and tbl_phones:
>
> lnk_person_has_phone or lnk_phone_of_person
>
> Actually we did not use the lnk_ part, but in retrospect it would have been
> better (easier to filter out what you need when working in the sql-editor)

Yes, this is the most common method to give names for links.
Can be even automated :)

> hth
>
> Bart Pietercil
> CTO Cognosis NV
>

> On 05 Apr 2010, at 19:21, Claudius Sailer wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what naming conventions are good for ObjectPtr-Links?
>>
>> I am looking for a good solution for this linking-names.
>>
>> WHat are you using?
>>
>> e.g. "tablename.fieldname-refernecetablename"
>>
>> thanks for help and idea

I believe that at some place in WIKI, there are words that

Recommended way is:

    PersonPtr   -- as a field name of ObjectPtr.

        link name for the same field can be as Bart points.

In OpenBase I have see their GUI tools on default suggest names as

               toPerson
    Person                  Phone
               toPhone

But I think such names can easy go to conflict if you have other linked
tables around.