accentued caraacter V4MD 4.3 / D11.5

Christian - ChrisKatDev.com christian at chriskatdev.com
Tue Apr 6 17:16:28 CDT 2010

Le 6 avr. 2010 à 23:00, Ruslan Zasukhin a écrit :

> On 4/6/10 12:47 AM, "Christian - ChrisKatDev.com"
> <christian at chriskatdev.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Christian,
>
>> V4MAD have always a problem when a path to database is for example "Mon
>> disque:mon application:base de donn_é_es:"
>>
>> I cannot open database.
>>
>> I cannot say to my users "the Valentina's guys are lazy, I can not do anything
>> !"
>>
>> What do you do ???
>> You know this problem since several months and I've passed the C code to patch
>> your xtra (I confirm this code work with my other xtra).
>>
>> All my customer are french or canadian for the moment and spanish, german etc.
>> in a few weeks... and on mac, this problem is very standard.
>>
>> Are you willing to compensate me every time I lose a customer?
>
> Problem was as I remember not because we lazy.
Of course Yes.
I have given you the code, the address of developers have solved the problem and it is still not fixed!

> That patchб I have told you, do not solve problem completely as far as I
> see. It may be solve it fro your French customers, but will same problem for
> e.g. Cyrillic.
I know, only all occidentals languages. It's work with Polish for example but not with Russian. ok.
But It's better than only english language !!

> All that was in mantis?
yes

> And patch as attached file?

> You remember mantis number?
0003764 : 2010-04-07

> But again, this is not right IMO, try to make patch which is self very
> locale - specific
no no no no
All devlopper xtra have solved this problem !
Only Paradigma has not adapted to new formats of path of Director.
Other developers have wrestled with this and have managed to solve it.

> Also, I not remember, If that was for D10 or D11?
It's in object of message and on Mantis

> Source of problem was that Director do not work with unicode strings.
We all know the problem (a new specification, but not a bug of Adobe) but other developers have managed to arrange for their xtras work with all the characters.

After exactly two years... Ruslan, it's not serious !

br
Christian