Vserver v4.3

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Apr 1 07:00:34 CDT 2010

On 4/1/10 12:26 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

Hi Stan,

> Actually this is for my Personal finance application iCash
> http://www.maxprog.com/site/software/personal-finance/icash_sheet_ru.php

> Sometimes I have customers that ask for a way to share a document (in my app a
> document is actually a single file Valentina DB) so I though the the solution
> would be 'vserver embedded' but in a perfect world I would have liked to
> create my own server, I mean, a Mac or Windows application called iCash Server
> that the customer launch on a server, can create or delete users...etc...

What problems to launch
    Valentina Embedded Server

?

Create/delete users in vserver?

> something like 4D server.

10 years of hard work for a team :)

> I don't really understand how I could do that, or
> actually can I? Then the second problem is about licenses, I have to purchase
> them from you and resell them to my client right?

I think all you need is

1) pay once for VDN Platorm 599

2) correct in your code 2-3 lines

Start to enjoy by multi-user access.

Even better :-)

Start SALE this to your customers at price xN comparing to your local only
app. Because market says -- multi-user app should be sold at rate $20-70 per
seat at least.

3) Valentina Embedded Server is the only DBMS server, which allow you

* change the name to iCache Server
* change extensions of db files to have own icons
* setup own bonjour service name if needed.
* may be else.

All above as simple as one line of text.

4) not bad idea to think about Valentina Reports, as for local version, so
fro Server side reports.