Opening a Valentina DB that does NOT have a .vdb extention

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Sep 27 10:49:55 CDT 2009

On 9/26/09 2:22 PM, "Barry G. Sumpter" <barrysum at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

Hi Barry,

> Yeah, that's ok now that I can't hide it anyway.

Also note, we allow change extensions, not because hide Valentina
But because your win app anyway need to have own exts to provide own ICONs

With Vserver we allow change name of executables, to hide a little Valentina
and make your files looks as Your Brand, but of course its hard hide
anything...

Questions is why to hide?

If you want protect your db schema from Other Valentina developers/user then
exists db Structure encryption. It solves exactly this task.