Progress being made - need more help.

Greg Olson-Hyde greg at hawkmount.com
Sun Sep 13 01:05:34 CDT 2009

On 13/09/2009, at 6:56 AM, Sean Wilson wrote:

> If you look at Ruslan's example of SqlSelect, there is a kReadWrite
> parameter - this makes the cursor editable (you can write to it). I
> think you also need a "server-side" cursor, even though you may not be
> doing anything server related (the kServerSide parameter)

Hi Ruslan, Sean and Barry,

Thanks to all of you for your ongoing help and patience!

This is what Ruslan suggested:

	Curs = db.SqlSelect( "SELECT * FROM T WHERE RecID = 0",
kServerSide,kReadWrite )

I have tried to follow the help you have given, unfortunately, it
won't compile - here is what I have in the app class of a test app I
have created:

This one will compile and select the correct records.

	Dim vCurs As VCursor = App.EnglishDB.SQLSelect("SELECT * FROM
tblBusiness")

These ones won't compile.

	Dim vCurs As VCursor = App.EnglishDB.SQLSelect("SELECT * FROM
tblBusiness",kServerSide,kReadWrite)

	Dim vCurs As VCursor = App.EnglishDB.SQLSelect("SELECT * FROM
tblBusiness",kClientSide,kReadWrite)

	Dim vCurs As VCursor = App.EnglishDB.SQLSelect("SELECT * FROM
tblBusiness",kReadWrite)

After much reading and experimenting:

	Dim vCurs As VCursor = App.EnglishDB.SQLSelect("SELECT * FROM
tblBusiness",EVCursorLocation.kServerSide,EVLockType.kReadWrite)

Compiles and selects the correct records. "kServerSide" had me
confused for a while as my app is not networked - but, as
"kClientSide" won't allow kReadWrite, and it all (appears to) works, I
won't argue  :-)

Cheers

Greg Olson-Hyde
Sydney Australia