Licensing

Richard McCoy mcrmedia1 at insightbb.com
Sat Sep 5 19:45:44 CDT 2009

First off, thank you immensely for all your help!!! My programs are running perfectly these days and Valentina is fast, fast, did I say FAST?!! Thanks.

Here's a question (or series of questions): I've created this DAM program for universities, publishers, archivists, librarians, etc. Late Beta is doing well in all test environments as a single user ADK. Now need to expand into local network. I have Office Server and licenses so do not anticipate a problem.

However, we now have the opportunity to expand into a 400,000 sq/ft data center to open the program to consortiums running through the internet. They're giving us a server and all the pipe/power we want with full IT support. The idea is to make the program available to large groups using your licensing program.

Will this work okay? Any problems you foresee running Valentina off a remote data center in a centralized city using either desktop clients or Shockwave? Can we reuse licenses if one group discontinues and another takes its place? Any limit to the number of licenses running concurrently in a read/write environment? Is there a possibility of using timeouts to drop inactive clients after a specific time lapse?

Anything I really need to know in advance?

Thanks.

Richard McCoy
Executive Creative Director
MCR Media Associates, LLC