VNET properties and comment

Thomas Flemming tf at ttqv.com
Wed Oct 28 11:21:43 CDT 2009

Hi Ruslan,

>> But I would like to add just some own properties to a field and to a table.
>> Something like userdefined properties or attributes:
>>
>> fld.CollationAttribute(myattribute, myvalue)
>
> http://valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:vcomponents:vsql:refe
> rence:property
>
> Exists only SQL way to add own properties to DB Schema Objects.
>

> IF you talk and want about own properties on API level ...
> Then may be you can sub-class our Vfield class and add there own API
> properties, which will call SQL command in background.
>
> Although I see troubles on this way with own sub-classes.
> Who will create them ...

I dont think, I need subclass. I can just set and red the properties with:

Dim qr As IVQueryResult
qr = mDB.SqlQuery("GET PROPERTY myprop OF TABLE [" & mTbl.Name & "]")

mDB.SqlExecute("SET PROPERTY myprop OF TABLE [" & mTbl.Name & "] to 'myvalue';")

but somehow, this doesnt work.
Where in the IVQueryResult is the value?
Dont you have a small sample, how to use this correctly ;-)  ?

Regards,
Tom

--
**   Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Flemming