Disksapce of new database

Thomas Flemming tf at ttqv.com
Tue Oct 27 16:43:42 CDT 2009

Hi Guys,

I just wrote a small routine to convert old Access-MDBs to Valentina-VDBs.
I'm doing this quit simple, just looping through all tables and fields in the
access-mdb and creating the respective tables and fields in a new Valentina-vdb.

Everything works fine, but I'm really surprised about the filesize of the
resulting VDB. Its huge!

For example I have a access-mdb with 5 Table and 89 fields each. It is 500KB
on disc.
The newly created vdb, same structure, has 20MegaBytes !! Not even with data in.

But when I zip the new vdb, it is only 70KB left, so the 20MB is mostly empty
space.

Is this normal? Even a compress in VStudio doesnt change the size.

Best regards,
Tom

--
**   Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Flemming