Illegal Cast Exception

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Fri Oct 16 16:43:53 CDT 2009

On 10/16/09 at 5:19 PM, steve at steve-albin.com (Steve Albin) wrote:

>I just upgraded to V4RB 4.3 from 4.1.  Without changing
>anything in my project, I built the Mac version and ran.  I'm
>getting Illegal Cast Exceptions on VarChar fields in lots of
>places where I use an index as so:
>return cursor.VarCharField(templateFieldCount+2).value
>and like this:
>return VVarChar(cursor.Field(nTplPersonnelFldOffset+1)).GetString

To follow up my own post, it appears the cause of the problem is
that the VTable.FieldCount is returning 0 for tables that
definitely have fields.  So there is no problem with casting -
I'm just not getting the correct index when I use FieldCount to
calculate the field I want to get.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ