Illegal Cast Exception

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Fri Oct 16 16:19:39 CDT 2009

I just upgraded to V4RB 4.3 from 4.1.  Without changing anything
in my project, I built the Mac version and ran.  I'm getting
Illegal Cast Exceptions on VarChar fields in lots of places
where I use an index as so:
       return cursor.VarCharField(templateFieldCount+2).value
and like this:
     return VVarChar(cursor.Field(nTplPersonnelFldOffset+1)).GetString

My SQL is generally of the form, "SELECT Recid, * from table".
Is there something changed in the SQL that I need to know?  By
the way, I don't see any SQL manual on the Wiki.

Before I drive myself crazy debugging, is there something I
missed in the release notes regarding this?  Are there changes
to REALbasic code that need to be made for version 4.3?

TIA,
Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ