Using VCOM 3.5.2 API_Way to filter recordset?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Nov 29 15:17:00 CST 2009

On 11/29/09 9:58 PM, "Barry G. Sumpter" <BarrySum at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

Hi Barry,

>> But why you want to use API Way?
>> You need best possible speed ...
>
> Is the SQL way faster than the API way?

Depends on conditions...

In general in client/server mode SQL is best choice

In local only db API - CAN BE faster.
But ... It is much more verbose, and require deep understanding from
developer, what you are doing.
Requires in general more efforts to resolve the same task.

> Just working my way thru the examples and API Way comes before SQL Way.

ok

> Will move on to SQL way now that I've got the versioning sorted.

I will recommend tend to SQL way.
May be use class way to define schema.

Use API way -- only if hot places, if time is really not satisfying.

Keep in mind, that STYLES of coding can be mixed in Valentina.

> Thanks for the great response time with the answers.
> Really appreciate being able to move along at a decent development pace.

You are welcome