Using VCOM 3.5.2 API_Way to filter recordset?

Barry G. Sumpter BarrySum at bigpond.net.au
Sun Nov 29 13:58:50 CST 2009

I'm pretty sure the reference came from the home page products dropdown menu
after clicking on VCOM.

OK downloaded and installed vcom.dll v3.5.3 all is looking OK now.

>   Set setAll = t.SelectAllRecords()
>   '??? Set setAll = t.SelectAllRecords("Select * from myTable where
myField
> = 'myCriteria'")  '???

    fldMyField = t.Field( "MyField" )

    VSet set1 = fldMyField.FindValue( 'My Ctriteria' )

Also exists other methods in Vfield class
E.g. FindRange

Beautiful!!!
Thanks for that.

But why you want to use API Way?
You need best possible speed ...

Is the SQL way faster than the API way?

Just working my way thru the examples and API Way comes before SQL Way.

Will move on to SQL way now that I've got the versioning sorted.

Thanks for the great response time with the answers.
Really appreciate being able to move along at a decent development pace.

All my best,
     Barry G. Sumpter