SqlExecute and binding

Thomas Flemming tf at ttqv.com
Tue Nov 17 02:41:59 CST 2009

Hi,

I've some problems with bindings (with VNET):

Dim a(3) as object
a(0) = .coo.lat         ' double
a(1) = .coo.lon         ' double
a(2) = .coo.alt         ' single
a(3) = .first_point     ' boolean
a(4) = .coo.datetime    ' date

sql As String = "INSERT INTO [mytbl] (lat, lon, alt, fp, date)
                  VALUES ( :1, :2, :3, :4, :5)"
db.SqlExecute(sql, a)

This works somehow, but lat, lon, alt are converted to integer.
When I declare a(3) as String, then it works.

Still I'm not able to insert into the date-field. If a(4) contains a date,
then SqlExecute gives an exeption, something like "1,55 ")" expected"

How can I insert into a table with mixed field-types?

Regards,
Tom

--
**   Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Flemming