Evaluating VServer

Thomas Flemming tf at ttqv.com
Sun Jun 7 12:06:45 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating the Vserver_Embedded.
I installed it and I changed some code to access my databases now with a
connection instead of directly open them.
myConnection = New VConnection("localhost", "sa", "sa", 15433, 0, "key")

It works, but much, much slower then with direct open.
I'm only searching and reading in the database, nowriting, no sql, just the
api-way.

So for example one specific benchmark I have does 66015x searching for a
specific record and then loads the record out of the table.
This takes 10sec, when I open the database directly and 930 sec. when I go the
VServer-Way !

So its very slow!

I can even see the difference in VStudio.
When I open the database directly in VStudio, I can browse very fast through
the table.
When I open the same database connecting to the Vserver, scrolling in the
table is very slow.

Is it normal, that the vserver is so much slower then the direct way? Or am I
missing something?

Best regards,
Tom

--