case-insensitive search

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Thu Jul 23 12:50:05 CDT 2009

On 7/23/09 3:54 AM, "Richard McCoy" <mcrmedia1 at insightbb.com> wrote:

Hi Richard,

> I'm having trouble finding info on how to set Valentina to search using case
> insensitive queries. Right now I'm having to convert my keyword strings to
> lower case and use the SQL "Lower" command (as in: lower(sKeyword)) to
> return accurate results. Otherwise, if I search on something like "whale"
> and the keyword was saved as "Whale" then I get no results. I thought the
> default would be case insensitive. Any way to regulate this?

Yes of course. Its easy.

Exists
    Vdatabase.CollationAttribute(kStrength) = kPrimary

The same exists for Vtable and even for Vfield.

You should search Valentina WIKI about this on details.

Note, this option affects HOW Valentina stores info in the indexes.

Also I think this question present in WIKI : FAQs

And please check exmple/API/Field_Find
May be it show this feature