Posting to mailing list

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Sun Jul 19 12:20:31 CDT 2009

On 7/19/09 6:00 PM, "Richard McCoy" <mcrmedia1 at insightbb.com> wrote:

Hi Richard,

> I have two main questions at this point:
>
> 1)  I understand your intentions re: warning messages. But why do I
> continually get warnings that there are no "Views" present on my tables? I
> sometimes use views and sometimes don't. Is it a requirement for Valentina?

Warnings about VIEWs come from VStudio

IF your clients will not use Vstudio, then they will not get these
warnings...

These warnings is not a bug and not a problem.
Just ignore them

More Deeply:
    For some features, Vstudio can create inside of .vdb file
    additional system hidden tables and views.

    So when Vstudio opens any VDB it checks if exists that tables.
    For example DIAGRAMS ...

> 2)  How do I set the verbose level for feedback, such as the "Diagnose Db"
> command. I set it to:
>             Valentina.verboseLevel = #kVerbose_High
> but this doesn't work.

Yes because there is no such property at all

Look on this page

http://valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:products:adk:api:vdat
abase_class:utility_methods#vdatabase.diagnose

You should specify it via PARAMETER

> I based this off the command:
>             Valentina.debugLevel = #kLogErrors
> which does work.

Valentina.debugLevel controls one more V4MD specific LOG file.