Rich text support in VAdmin and V4MD?

Panagiotis Apostolellis takis73 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 03:51:51 CST 2009

Hi Bart.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Well, the whole idea behind buying and using
the VStudio, is that it is a tool that we can give to the customers so that
they can easily fill the DB with data (which is now in Excel) whenever they
want and all the changes will automatically be displayed in Director, in the
application I have build. So, the aim is to free ourselves (the developers)
from having to mess with the DB at all, and moreover provide a complete tool
for managing the database, without us having to build it from scratch.

The solution you propose implies that we (the developers) constantly
manage/filter the data within Director in order to make changes in the
database. This is something we DON'T want to do and leave everything
concerning the database conent to the customers. I don't know if I made
myselft clear, but this is the main idea of the VStudio, I suppose; an
administrative tool of the database.

So, unless 'Ruslan and the gang' (;-) provide us with rich text capabilities
inside the VStudio, I don't think there is an easy way to do what we intend
to. Unless of course I make a program with Director to open RTF text from
disk and write the rtf property back in the database, which almost
eliminates the use of the database, since we will need to have thousands of
rtf docs in the distribution CD.

Thanks again Bart.