Diagnose error message

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 22 01:40:00 CST 2009

On 1/22/09 6:39 AM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:

Hi Steve,

> Here is a snippet of a diagnose report I'm getting from a version 3.52
> database:
>
> PAGE (143, 142) Corrupted Header (Values Count). Corrupted Header (Values
> count < RecID count). At least one value counter is wrong.
>
> Problems found!  ( IndexFile )

If problem is in the INDEX file, then REINDEX DATABASE should be enough.

> Problems found!  ( Field: nArtId , type Unsigned Long )

I assume this line related to above. I.e. Trouble in the index of this ULONG
field...

> I tried cloning the database, but still get the same message.

Very strange. Clone() is even more strong operation that REINDEX.

If REINDEX also not helps, I think you need send db to me or Ivan.
In compressed form of course.

> What exactly does this mean?  I'm guessing that the record count is higher
> than the recid?  Any tips on what to do now and how this can happen?

Never mind what it means. Its internal issues.