Problem with b12 and RB

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Wed Jan 14 06:24:42 CST 2009

Hello Stan,

> Hi,

> For example, with the Database I have attached to mantis report
> #0003906 the following two SQL queries return the same result on my
> development computer (3 records) which is correct, but different
> results on the clean computer, 3 records for the first query and 0 for
> the second.

> SELECT * FROM tblTransactions where ( Transaction_AccountDebited = 18
> OR Transaction_AccountCredited = 18 ) AND Transaction_Deleted = false
> AND Transaction_Enabled = true AND ( Transaction_Year = 2009 AND
> Transaction_Month = 1 ) ORDER BY Transaction_Date

> SELECT * FROM tblTransactions where ( Transaction_AccountDebited = 18
> OR Transaction_AccountCredited = 18 ) AND Transaction_Deleted = false
> AND Transaction_Enabled = true AND ( Transaction_Date >= '1/1/2009'
> AND Transaction_Date <= '12/31/2009' ) ORDER BY Transaction_Date

> Transaction_Date is a VDate, it holds the record date.

Please check date-format settings.
Judging on '1/1/2009' and so, you should firstly issue something like
these:

set property DateTimeFormat OF DATABASE TO 'kMDY';
set property DateSeparator OF DATABASE TO '/';

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database