Opening time after startup of Windows

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jan 3 08:00:31 CST 2009

On 1/3/09 3:08 PM, "Leo Van den Brande" <leo_van_den_brande at wxs.nl> wrote:

> Results:
> Windows. First opening:  Actual DB:  44-50 sec, Large DB:  115-121
> sec. Second opening of the program without going out of Windows: 2
> rsp. 3-4 sec.
> Mac. First opening:  Actual DB:  6 sec, Large DB:  14 sec. Second
> opening without going out of the Mac: 6 sec in both instances.

Okay, more idea.

Once somebody also have complain on slow db.open()
But later I have found that in fact as "open" he have mean
    open and do a lots of initial queries to pre-load some info.

What about Your case, Leo ?

Do you talk EXACTLY about db.Open() time?
Or something else yet ?

----
Also note that MAC OS X and Windows both have virtual file systems. And we
know they work very different.