ADK license questions

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Sun Feb 22 22:00:40 CST 2009

Hi Ruslan

Congratulations on version 4 of Valentina, I had a quick look at the
beta Studio Pro and the reporting features look very good.

Have a few questions about the ADK license..

I want do create a simple custom REST server which stores values in a
valentina db but after reading the section titled "NO NETWORK
APPLICATIONS" in the ADK license:
http://valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:licensing:valentina_adk_eula

* How do I license the ADK Product under terms that allow Network
Applications?

The section called "FIELD MODIFICATION LIMITS" suggests it is not
possible to create SQLManager-style applications unless the controlling
application can work with (more or less) a fixed database structure..

* Is this correct?

Also, under the section "CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT" it says my client
must also purchase a "DEVELOPER SERIAL CODE"..

* Is it possible to purchase this on behalf of the client under the
client's name?

regards
alex