Making installation smoother

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 18 15:45:45 CST 2009

On 2/18/09 9:36 PM, "Thorsten Hohage" <thohage at genericobjects.de> wrote:

>>> In the future when I upgrade, I pull down the appropriate
>>> downloads.
>>>
>>> - Valentina for REALbasic for Mac OS X (Universal Binary)
>>> - Valentina Libraries for Windows
>>>
>>> This saves a bunch of looking around for libraries buried in
>>> folders under Windows after doing an install to just get the
>>> libraries.
>>
>> * So we need add 3 more archives, right?
>>
>> * each such archive contains just compressed folder vcomponents
>>    right
>>
>> Well this is quite easy to produce and add into automated scripts
>> :-)
>

> But was declined the last time someone requested this

Not exactly Thorsten.

There was in the past few questions, if we can integrate WIN libs say right
into V4REV_MAC archive.

THIS IS not easy. Because WIN dlls are on one build WIN computer, MAC
archives on another computer - MAC.

Also this will increase a lots size of archives.

Brendan have suggest OTHER more simple way -- just prepare 3 archives of
vcomponents folders.

This not make V4REV MAC installation ready to compile on WIN.
For this step developer need copy not only vcomponents but V4REV plugin
files also...

For RB this is more easy, because .rbx have all 3 platforms in single file..