Making installation smoother

Thorsten Hohage thohage at genericobjects.de
Wed Feb 18 13:36:19 CST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-02-18, at 20:26, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> In the future when I upgrade, I pull down the appropriate
>> downloads.
>>
>> - Valentina for REALbasic for Mac OS X (Universal Binary)
>> - Valentina Libraries for Windows
>>
>> This saves a bunch of looking around for libraries buried in
>> folders under Windows after doing an install to just get the
>> libraries.
>
> * So we need add 3 more archives, right?
>
> * each such archive contains just compressed folder vcomponents
>    right
>
> Well this is quite easy to produce and add into automated scripts
> :-)

But was declined the last time someone requested this - I would be
really happy to have it. Just right yesterday I was forced to start
Parallels, Windows XP, download it, install it, copy the folder, shut
down Windows ... all for only updating 2 PCs.

But on the other side I really must warn anybody to deploy an untested
RB app from Mac to Windows without testing it carefully! So you should
already have the folder on your test machine (or as me yesterday at
home *lol*)

regards,

Thorsten Hohage
--

Valentina Technology Evangelist
generic objects  GmbH - Leiter Solution Center Nord