converting FileMaker foreign keys to Valentina binary links

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Feb 17 02:58:03 CST 2009

On 2/17/09 3:16 AM, "David Simpson" <dsimpson at dotcomsolutionsinc.net> wrote:

Hi David,

> I am working on a new version of FmPro Migrator which will convert FileMaker
> relationships into Valentina databases.
>
> It seems like it could be beneficial for Valentina developers if I converted
> the foreign key based relationships into Valentina binary links.

Well, this is major change. Developer must understand what he want :)

> If I understand the process correctly, it isn't enough to just create the
> binary links to the tables, I also need to run a SQL command to link each of
> the individual records together by using the LINK command.

> I need to see an example of how I would link existing records to the new
> binary link.
> The link command might be:
> CREATE OR REPLACE BINARY LINK ClientToInvoice_lnk ON TABLES ( Client , Invoice
> ) AS ONE TO MANY
>
> And for example I might have two tables:
>
> Table: Client
> PK = Client_ID
>
> Table: Invoice
> PK = Invoice_ID
> FK = Client_ID
>
> I don't know which records are linked in advance, so it looks like I need to
> have a SQL command which will read thru all of the Client records linking them
> with the Invoice records which match the Client_ID value in the Client table.

Please read in the Valentina page about special Valentina SQL command

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:vsql:reference:reference#link_refactoring_commands

This single command is cool.
    It can convert any link to any.