V Cursor validation

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 6 12:10:32 CST 2009

On 2/6/09 7:46 PM, "Vansh Singh" <vsingh at us.counterp.com> wrote:

Hi Vansh,

> How can I validate a VCursor that is returned when I run a SqlSelect
> function?

Check V4MD examples.

Right after SqlSelect() you must check Valentina.LastError to see if query
was fine or no.

> I want to make sure that the cursor returned from the select
> query is a valid cursor. I thought of using Valentina.lastError but that
> is not helpful.

why

> It returns a 0 even when the sql I am passing is wrong
> (to test, I ran a sql like this: "SelectID from sys_table" ... see there
> is no space after 'select'?) Valentina.lastError seems to work fine with
> SqlExecute though.

Hmm. And what you get as result in this wrong query?

I testing now this query in Vstudio, it returns error
  20:09:54 Kernel error: 0x71000. line 1:1: unexpected token: SelectID

Must be tested in V4MD then. May be really bug in SqlSelect().

> I also thought of using the lingo function objectP() for validating a
> cursor but it is only for expressions. Didn't work. Something tells me
> it will has to be a function call related to the v4md xtra.

Well, for development note useful feature

    Valentina.DebugLEvel = #kLogParams

And then you get V4MD log file.