V Cursor validation

Vansh Singh vsingh at us.counterp.com
Fri Feb 6 11:46:58 CST 2009

Hello,

How can I validate a VCursor that is returned when I run a SqlSelect
function? I want to make sure that the cursor returned from the select
query is a valid cursor. I thought of using Valentina.lastError but that
is not helpful. It returns a 0 even when the sql I am passing is wrong
(to test, I ran a sql like this: "SelectID from sys_table" ... see there
is no space after 'select'?) Valentina.lastError seems to work fine with
SqlExecute though.

I also thought of using the lingo function objectP() for validating a
cursor but it is only for expressions. Didn't work. Something tells me
it will has to be a function call related to the v4md xtra.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Vansh