Reindexing corrupts my database

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 5 16:43:45 CST 2009

On 2/6/09 12:10 AM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:

Hi Steve,

> My app is using V4RB 3.52.  I have one user with a database that shows a
> problem on one field in the diagnose.   The error message in the diagnose
> report is:
>
> PAGE (276, 275) Corrupted Header (Values Count). Corrupted Header (Values
> count < RecID count). At least one value counter is wrong.
>
> I've tried cloning and  dumping to XML without success.  As a last resort, I
> wrote my own utility that dumps all the tables out to text files and I write
> the database out from those while deleting  any records with invalid ids.
> (Not recids - those are all recreated during the load.)
>
> This has met with some success.  After reloading the database and running the
> diagnose, no problems are reported.  But, if I then reindex the database, the
> original error will occur in the diagnose.  In other words, all is fine until
> I reindex.  After the reindex, some SQL queries report incorrect results.
>
> I have 2 questions:
>
> 1) What does this error message in the diagnose mean?

Diagnose see that number of records in header do not correspond to some
other nubmer.

> 2) Is there anything I can do to fix this data.  If I had a clue as to what
> the diagnose is complaining about, I could try to fix it.

I think no.

> No other users have had this problem, so I think it maybe something related to
> data this user has entered. Maybe a problem with languages? Diacritical
> characters?   I don't know...

Most probably with data, yes.

> Upgrading from V4RB 3.52 is not a solution for me at this time.  I need to do
> something immediately to fix this data and it can't wait until I upgrade my
> app to use V4RB 4.

I wonder, if except diagnose, present any other troubles?

I remember that about June/July was some fix, when diagnose did lie.
May be this is the same case, I am not sure of course.

Do you have any troubles with searches? Sorting?