deploying stand alone application for mac

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Dec 22 10:34:06 CST 2009

On 12/22/09 5:52 PM, "Gerhard Meier" <gerrri at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Gehard,

> the database is in a subfolder 'Data'
>
> so I open it with gDb.open
>
> the movie path & "Data:dbname.vdb"
>
> The error message is
> 'Director Player Error: Script Error. Continue?'
>
> If I say Yes, then the app continues.
> But there is no access to the database.

In fact this is just top-level error msg.

> I'll try making the db-files read-only.

> What actually is the V4MD_v4 SCRIPT doing? Just copying the vcomponents into
> the app or are there other things be done?

You can open script in the text editor and read it :)

No, it not just COPY.
It do another very important step for each DYLIB:

    - correct internal PATHs inside of dylibs
    which point to related dylibs.

> So, as I already said: the first time it worked. Then it didn't. Strange.

Please check Console.app when you try to start on CD.
May be it show some error info.