deploying stand alone application for mac

Gerhard Meier gerrri at gmx.de
Tue Dec 22 09:52:59 CST 2009

Hi Ruslan,

the database is in a subfolder 'Data'

so I open it with gDb.open

the movie path & "Data:dbname.vdb"

The error message is
'Director Player Error: Script Error. Continue?'

If I say Yes, then the app continues.
But there is no access to the database.

I'll try making the db-files read-only.
What actually is the V4MD_v4 SCRIPT doing? Just copying the vcomponents into the app or are there other things be done?

So, as I already said: the first time it worked. Then it didn't. Strange.

There is another problem or question:

Making the app standalone with the vcomponents-script makes the app very big. Before it is about 10 MB, after it is 60 MB and it takes a minute starting the app from the CD. This is almost inacceptable slow.

I have another CD using Valentina for DB-queries. And except of the DB-files themselves (.dat, .vdb, .indI) I can't see there any Valentina-Standalone-Files, no files on mac and no on win partition. But the db-queries work. The only thing I see is the V4MD.xtra in the Xtra-Folder (better say: they use the V4MD_carbon.xtra; I use V4MD.xtra; should I take the carbon one?)
So: do they use another way making the CD standalone for DB-queries? It seems that on that CD the V4MD_carbon.xtra is enough

Thanks a lot
Gerri

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

http://homepages.uni-regensburg.de/~meg08124/