AW: what can fail Valentina drivers to be loaded successfully?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Dec 21 07:32:15 CST 2009

Hi Ruslan,
thanks for answering

> Yes, this means that Valentina dylibs was not found.
>
> Let such user start /Applications/Utilities/Console.app
> And here in log should be line e.g.
>     ....  vkernel.dylib is not found ...

Yes, you are right! I just notice (sorry), that I didn't run the
"INSTALL_VCOMPONENTS_V4REV_v3" script anymore since some update releases any
more, because I noticed some day, that my App was also running without this
implementation and so I thought it actually wasn't necessary.

But can you please explain to me, how my App can run on most Macs without
this dylib being installed with your script?
I would like to understand what I am doing / or not.

> > 4. Most failures are on Mac, but some are also on Win
>
> MAC - is very strange.
> I'd expect more problems on win7 :)

Huh? I hope I am not getting into that.
If yes do you know what to do?

> Let user try remove his db, so app will create new fresh db, to see if
> error
> will go away.

All my users (of this App) have the same "readonly" DB, they don't change
anything in it and the error still appeared with a fresh update with
included DB

> > 3. Is there anything I can do different in bundeling the valentina
> drivers
> > with my App, as just to put them in the right directory?
>
> Hey, on MAC you must yet run deployment script !!!

Yes, see above, I swear I will do it again!

> It's for WIN you need just copy items of vcomponents into EXE folder.

Yes, they are there, since the beginning.
Could it be a conflict with other versions of msvcr80.dll or the other dlls
on the target machine?
Could it be a matter of user or file rights, perhaps while building the App
on my server.

Thank you
Tiemo