what can fail Valentina drivers to be loaded successfully?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Dec 21 05:08:09 CST 2009

Hello,

Shipping my V4REV_3 App, since a few month I now get every couple of days
new customers with DB errors. Here are the facts I can see:

1. It is a read only DB (not from the file settings, but as from my App it
is read only), though there is a REINDEX at every startup

2. At those customers, where my App fails, the error is reproducible every
time. The error comes at the very first Valentina statement (now
Valentina_Init, was before Valentina_Isopen) and so the DB and my App can't
be used at all.

3. At the very most customers my App runs fine without any problems on Mac
(10.3  - 10.6) and Win (2000 - 7)

4. Most failures are on Mac, but some are also on Win

5. It seems that the failures actually only appear since my latest release
with some bug fixes on other parts of the App. At the DB part of my App I
have nothing changed since the first release, I am using the same Revolution
Release, as before, nothing changed there. So there seems to be a coherence,
but I can't see it. A coherence with a new release could be that the binding
of the Valentina drivers is broken in my new release, but as said before, at
most customers it runs just fine, so it must be something machine specific.

6. Now I got a Mac customer, who  comes with a "DB couldn't be opened, error
-39" what usually means EOF!? I don't know, if this is also related to the
same cause of not fully loaded Valentina driver or something else.

7. Because most problems appear on Mac, I don't think of a correlation to an
antivirus prog

My questions:

1. Without notice of my Program code, can anybody see any correlation to
similar experiences?

2. Has anybody any experiences, of unsuccessful loaded Valentina drivers on
special machines? What can cause this?

3. Is there anything I can do different in bundeling the valentina drivers
with my App, as just to put them in the right directory?

4. Am I perhaps on the wrong trace and it has nothing to do with the
Valentina drivers, but with my database file? But what, if it only appears
on some machines?

5. Any other hint, what I could check for are highly appreciated, I run out
of ideas.

Thank you for any comment

Tiemo