AW: VDataBase_IsOpen( gDBRef ) fails

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Dec 15 02:04:25 CST 2009

Hi Ruslan,

actually my DB is delivered with the content of 18000 records to all my
customers and is a read only by the customers. So it is not so big for a
reindex. But because the index problems only occurred at two customers, I
should perhaps do a diagnose db first, that's a good idea.

What I don't understand at all now, is, how my App runs at all (with the
REINDEX), when my DB is located in the program dir and the user doesn't have
the rights on it. I am puzzeled.

So obviously I have to remove the REINDEX again or I have to change the
whole design of my App and put the DB somewhere else, what is not nice with
all the installations out there.

Yes I know about 4.x, but you know, never change a running system :)

Thank you for your hints, they are very appreciated.
Tiemo