VS Pro Reports

Thorsten Hohage thohage at genericobjects.de
Thu Aug 27 08:18:59 CDT 2009

Hi Richard,

On 2009-08-27, at 15:11, Richard McCoy wrote:

> Do I need to distribute Studio Pro with the app in order to do so,
> or can I use the reporting capabilities within my Director EXE?

THIS is the really great thing regarding reports, or at least one of
the several great things regarding reports.

You need VStudio Pro to define and design the reports. After this step
the reports itself or perhaps better the usage of these reports is
done through the "common" ADK, nothing more is needed.

So after you defined you reports, you can even use Director, and e.g. C
++ and PHP to use and print the same report without any change at all.

regards,

Thorsten Hohage
--

Valentina Technology Evangelist
generic objects  GmbH - Leiter Solution Center Nord