Import data - problems

Greg Olson-Hyde greg at hawkmount.com
Tue Aug 25 04:18:17 CDT 2009

On 25/08/2009, at 3:28 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> Make in Vstudio TABLE wit fields as you want.
>
> Fill 3-5 records.
> EXPORT to text file using EXPORT Dialog.
>
> Now you can see what format of text file expect Valentina engine on
> input.

Hi Ruslan,

Your export idea was a good one, I saw one problem, my text file has
"" surrounding all the integer values, yours don't. With 'SQLite
Manager' ALL fields are surrounded by quotes - I think that is the
reason for the quitting on import.

So, I changed my 'Short' and 'Long' integer fields to 'text' in
Valentina and the import has worked.

Then I changed them to 'Short' and 'Long' after the import - is that
the way to do it?

Thanks once again for your help.

Cheers

Greg Olson-Hyde