REALBasic changed .rb to .rbp ?

Ernesto Giannotta ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Tue Aug 18 04:41:06 CDT 2009

Hi Ruslan,

On 18/ago/09, at 08:35, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> Hi REALbasic developers,
>
> I have question:
>
>> Do you have any examples that work? The examples in the 'V4RB_4'
>> folder don't
>> work - they have the incorrect RB suffix of 'rb' instead of 'rbp',
>> if I change
>> the suffix to 'rbp' the resulting program has 'Old Style
>> Constructor' warnings
>> or similar.
>
> This is first time I hear about such issue.
> Anybody have comments on this?

well, .rb files are seen as Ruby ones so .rbp is indeed the right
extension for RB projects right now.

> I assume this developer uses latest RB release or may be even beta...
>
> Strange about Old Style Constructors. This was fixed far ago ...

I checked some examples, and all of them seem to have the correct new
Constructors style...

maybe the user refers to the new Deprecated Super Control warnings
suggesting to migrate from old EditField to new TextArea and TextField
controls...

Cool Runnings,
Erne.