V4CC - crash on createField -- FIXED 4.3b2

Erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Tue Aug 4 03:50:40 CDT 2009

Il giorno 03/ago/09, alle ore 23:38, Ruslan Zasukhin ha scritto:

>> BTW I'm looking at this Core Data thing, is there any way to use Vale
>> as a store for it?
>
> No.
>
> Apple do not allow (yet?) other db storages for CoreData.
>
> Also even if they will do, most probably it will not use power of
> Valentina
> deeply. To really use it, it needs deep integration, but such
> frameworks,
> usually just wrap simplest operations as read/write from db engine,
> and rest
> try do self.

I see, and speaking of it...
Can I use in Cocoa the same nice DB creation mechanism I am
accostumed to in RB?

I mean that where I subclass the VDatabase and its VTables,
override the constructors (init in CC parlance),
create there in memory the necessary objects (tables for db and
fields for tables)

and so I got my static DB structure, ready to open or create
(properly structured) files?

Cool Runnings,
Erne.