PDFs where available

Peter Malecki pemalecki at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 25 02:28:16 CDT 2009

Hi,

Latest version see page 17 or 44, 46 for example. I think a Wiki is a
very good tool for documentation and quick access during work but it's
not really comfortable for getting an overview (reading later in the
night, sitting in an armchair I don't like a hot notebook on my
legs...).

Here another question I have no solution for and I need some help
please. I was a heavy RDBS user and because I want to produce a Linux
version for my application I tried Revolution and built a test
application with SQlite. The application is an easy to program
dictionary. For to have a Web 2.0 like interface I installed an
"onkey" event for searching (in a table with round about 4 million
records). Because I have to handle upper and lower characters (German
language) I added a special search field with only upper characters,
indexed, no word index. What I want to do is not very sophisticated,
here an example:

SQlite: select fld, fld, fld from tbl where seachfield => searchword
limit 100, it was lightning fast.

So I bought Valentina hoping to get even better results and also more
security, but sorry it is awfully slow.

The same query: select fld, fld, fld from tbl where seachfield =>
searchword order by searchfield limit 100 takes so much time that it
is not possible to use it after an "onkey" event.

I used field types varchar or string, there was no difference. The
further order by is needed because search results come in a "not
sorted status".

I don't understand it, but a little bit faster seemed to be if a tried
"like" instead of >=. Then the first search needs only 15 sec. against
180 seconds using =>.

Depending on cache I see a search increase but as soon as I change
language or get an result with a lot of words >='A'  -> more than
500.000 it slows down again.

By the way a search with = is really lightning fast!

Is there another way to increase speed for my requirement? Thank you
very much for advice, I am helpless yet!

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin
<sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:
> On 4/24/09 11:46 AM, "Peter Malecki" <pemalecki at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Peter,
>
>> I'm studying Valentina's docs for Revolution and I'am reading about
>> valentinasql.pdf and valentina kernel.pdf. Where on the site can I
>> find that stuff?
>
> 1) and you read latest V4REV_4_Reference.pdf?
>
>    I will double check it again, because we have try remove
>    refs to these PDFs.
>
> 2) Kernel.pdf and VSQL.pdf do not exists anymore as PDFs
>    instead you can find them in Valentina WIKI
>    in the folder vcomponents.
>

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Ruslan Zasukhin