V4MD and D11.5 - Can't find XTRA?

Irv Kalb Irv at furrypants.com
Tue Apr 7 19:31:28 CDT 2009

Hi Sean,

Nope I didn't copy the XTRA from the Mac.  I copied it from
C:Program Files/Paradigma Software/V4MD_3

And that was the problem.

I found the one in My Documents and copied that into the XTRAs folder
- and now it works fine.

Thanks very much for your help Sean!  I'll send you a case of E-Beers
(as soon as I can figure out how to do that).

Note to the Valentina developers, if you're going to deposit files
like this inside "My Documents" - it would be kind of nice if your
installer told you where it put them!  Now that Sean told me where to
find it, I remember going through the exact same puzzlement when I
installed it on my Mac.  Please, please, please modify your
installers to tell the user where the XTRA file can be found.  At
least it would be helpful if you would update your Wiki, which says
is to copy the XTRA to the Xtras folder inside Director, but it does
not tell you where to find it.

Thanks Sean,

Irv

At 12:09 PM +1200 4/8/09, Sean Wilson wrote:
>Hi Irv,
>
>Sorry for the over-complicated bum steer!
>
>You said:
>>  Finally, i copied the V4MD.x32 to the proper place in the Adobe
>>  Director XTRAs folder and rebooted my machine.
>
>Did you grab the copy that the installer placed in your My Documents
>folder, or did you copy one from your Mac? The reason I ask is to ensure
>you don't have a version mis-match between the xtra and the component dlls.
>
>FWIW I just ran the installer here, copied the xtra to the relevant
>folder under D11.5 and started Director. It finds the xtras as expected.
>
>Cheers,
>Sean

Multimedia R Us