FW: Hierarchical (Recursive) Queries

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 1 07:51:03 CDT 2009

------ Forwarded Message
From: Fabian Eschrich <info at faesch.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:44:01 +0000
To: "valentina-beta at lists.macserve.net" <valentina-beta at lists.macserve.net>
Subject: Hierarchical (Recursive) Queries

Hi,

Ruslan told me about the new hierachical (recursive) queries functions in
valentina some days ago. As my app works alot with such folder structures
inside the database, I wanted to give it a try.

If I understand correctly, I need a link for it.

My table looks like the following

id
manager_id
address_id
startdate
enddate

address_id points to manager_id. Each manager_id could have an additional
record in the table where it is the address_id.

I think this is the idea behind hiearchical queries. But I dont know how to
start with it.

What do I have to do, if I want to get all the "root nodes" and its childs
and grandchilds and so on?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kindly regards,

Fabian Eschrich
FAESCH Software

info at faesch.de

Fon:     +49 (0)37206 889293