<no subject>

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 1 06:52:41 CDT 2009

> I currently have Director VDN 3 and am interested in upgrading to the version
> 4 equivalent. Do I need separate purchases for the Windows vs Mac platforms?
> What's my procedure and costs?
>
> My app is server based distributed to a web audience. Development occurs on
> both Windows and Macs in Director.
>
> Also interested in PHP version because the runtime distribution is Flash based
> and currently talks to MySQL via PHP. Must convert database from development
> (Valentina) to runtime (MySQL) currently. Assume I can do everything in one
> place using Valentina.
>
> Thanks.

------------------------------------
ruslan (Wed, 01 Apr 2009, 11:50AM):
No need for separate purchase.
VDN - is cross-platform thing for Embedded Server.

Aha, actually when you will purchase VDN Update/Renew, you will be asked to
choose 3 ADKs
For example this can be
V4MD MAC + V4MD WIN + something else.

NOTE: ANY Valentina client is FREE. This means that since you will get
VSERVER as part of VDN, you do not need purchase VPHP or any other Valentina
ADK to be able work with VSERVER. Just download VPHP and use it with you
vserver. Or download any other Valentina ADK and use it also as CLEINT to
your VSERVER for FREE.

ruslan (Wed, 01 Apr 2009, 11:52AM):
Yes you can use Valentina Server of course everywhere.
Even good news:
In Germany now present service to get dedicated Valentina Server on any OS

Next, in 4.0 we have very nice new feature that can be used with Flash:
SELECT ... FOR XML

easy and very effective way get XML right from Valentina Server