Suitability of Valentina for Adobe Flex

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Sep 25 03:46:29 CDT 2008

On 9/25/08 11:41 AM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at cognosis.be> wrote:

Hi Bart,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> while we welcome being able to use flex (we will more and more use it
> for our apps), I believe the way forward to communicate with flex (and
> others) is xml.

> So implementing VServer as a soap server is in my view more
> interesting (and broader, not only windows) then working through ADO

Well agree here.

Although note Zinc have some plugin system. We will check it later.

XML in VSERVER. Plan is first of all to implement latest extensions of SQ:
2003. 3-4 functions like

    SELECT forest(x)

Which return not cursor but XML text.

Now I wonder why we delay this ... I think implement it will take just few
days.

It is much more hard task to accept XML on input and parse it and split XML
info to tables...