[V4MD] AutoIncrement

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 24 16:41:52 CDT 2008

On 9/24/08 8:16 PM, "Caliste_l" <caliste_l at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I can't use SQL.. All my script is with API.. There is no issue ?

1) Valentina allow mix styles.
    some code use SQL, some code use API.

    I can bet you have something as

    CreatePersonTable()
          tblPErson = gDB.CreateTable("Person")

          tblPErson.CreateLongField( "f1" )
    end

This can be replaced to

    CreatePersonTable()
        gdB.SqlExecute( "CREATE TABLE Person( f1 LONG IDENTITY )" )
    end

You see?

2) if you very want API way, then we can add this for next 4.0 beta of V4Md,
    and then you need download and install that beta

Please let me know

3) another way do not use identity, because in fact for Valentina this is
not true auto-increment, ULONG field marked as IDENTITY just expose the same
values as RecID field, which have each Valentina table.