[v4MD] Table missing a column named "Value"

Irv Kalb Irv at furrypants.com
Wed Sep 24 16:36:06 CDT 2008

Hi,

Here's my problem of the day ...

I've got a very simple table, just two columns and about 10 rows.  In
fact here's the entire table:

Parameter	Value
Budget	50000
NumberOfRows	10
NumberOfColumns	10
Layers	7
SampleFraction	0.5
RealLength	1
ScreenLength	40
ScalingFactor	0.025
Xoffset	20
Yoffset	40
MinimumDigUnits	30

Items are separated by a TAB character.  This table is defined as
Parameter which is a string indexed, and Value which is a string.  I
have a generic piece of code that reads and builds all my tables, so
I assume that the creation is being done correctly.   And, most
importantly, when I open the resulting database in Valentina Studio,
it shows me the names Parameter and Value, and all the values look
fine.

However, when I programatically try get all the data using:

cursor = DB.SqlQuery("SELECT Parameter, Value from " & theTableName)

(I have used this syntax on many other tables successfully)

The resulting list is this:

-- [#rowsChanged: 0, #errNumber: 0, #errNumberHex: "0x0", #errString:
<Void>, #columns: [#Parameter, #No_name2], #rows: [["Budget",
<Null>], ["NumberOfRows", <Null>], ["NumberOfColumns", <Null>],
["Layers", <Null>], ["SampleFraction", <Null>], ["RealLength",
<Null>], ["ScreenLength", <Null>], ["ScalingFactor", <Null>],
["Xoffset", <Null>], ["Yoffset", <Null>], ["MinimumDigUnits",
<Null>]]]

The second column should be #Value, but comes back as #No_name2.
And the data for that column in every record is <Null>.

What could be causing this?   Is "Value" some type of special keyword in SQL?

Irv
--

Multimedia R Us