Installing different versions of VStudio on one machine

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Fri Sep 5 06:56:55 CDT 2008

On Friday, September 5, 2008 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>I think I know where is problem onyour side.
>As you know OS X after installing keep receipts packages
>

>Check folder
>    /Library/Receipts/
>
>And remove here any plugin_xxx  files and other related to Vstudio
>Then try install vstudio again.

Here is what I tried:

1) Delete VComponents from /usr/local/lib/
2) Detete VStudio app
3) Delete all files in /Library/Receipts/ that have Valentina in the name.  These are:
    Valentina 1.x Plugin.pkg
    Valentina 2.x Client Plugin.pkg
    Valentina 2.x Plugin.pkg
    Valentina Studio Application.pkg
4) Delete Paradigma Software folder in User directory.
5) Double click vstudio_3_mac.dmg and then double click the vstudio_mac.mpkg to run the installer.

If I try to install into the Applications folder then everything works as you expect.  But if use the Choose button on the installer to install into another folder, the VStudio file is 21.1MB in size and when double clicked it quits right away.

So, for the most part things are working as you describe.  I can live with having to install into the Applicaitons folder and then moving the VStudio app into an archive later.  But I don't understand the difference of the install location in this case.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/