Installing different versions of VStudio on one machine

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 5 02:35:04 CDT 2008

On 9/5/08 10:07 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

>>> Are you sure? :)
>>>
>>> I think its some ADK e.g. V4RB or V4MD have install them there.
>>> But not VStudio
>>
>> You are correct and I was wrong on that point.  But, I still have another
>> misunderstanding.
>>
>> I had VStudio 3.5.2 running fine.  Then, as a test, I deleted it and also
>> deleted the VComponents folder in /usr/local/lib/.  I then ran the installer
>> for VStudio.  As you point out, no VComponents folder is created.  But,
>> VStudio does not run either.  I look at the size of the file and it is 23MB
>> as
>> opposed to the 71MB for the previously installed version.  I used the
>> standard
>> install - not the customize.
>>
>> It appears to me that one must install the ADK first, and then install
>> VStudio
>> so it can pick up the files it needs from the VComponents folder.  Is this
>> true?  If so, then yesterday when I needed to do a quick test using the 3.6
>> beta, I would not be able to use VStudio without first installing the VDK.
>> This is kind of a hassle because unless you plan on upgrading, you then have
>> to restore the ADK environment.
>
> Vstudio installer DO NOT expect any ADK to be installed of course.
>
> I will check Vstudio 3.5.2 MAC archive.
> May be something was broken.

* I have download 3.5.2 MAC Vstudio

* trash my /usr/local/lib/vcomponents

* trash Applications/Vstudio.app

* install it  -- 71Mb size of installed app and no installed vcomponents

So all looks right.

I think I know where is problem onyour side.
As you know OS X after installing keep receipts packages

Check folder
    /Library/Receipts/

And remove here any plugin_xxx  files and other related to Vstudio
Then try install vstudio again.