Example of including error checking routines in RunRev code

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 3 10:32:00 CDT 2008

On 9/3/08 4:46 PM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks
>
> I will put the report in Mantis.
>

> Also I appreciate that you noticed I wasn't taking advantage of using my
> recNum result to set the number of records retrieved by the
> VCursor_GetRecords as in this call it is always less than twelve but there
> are other ones where using that variable there would be a good idea. I also
> detect an interesting prejudice about "SCRIPT language developer" which I
> wish you would strive to overcome as it is very important to me that
> Valentina be developed for RunRev with equal vigor and it is also equally
> important to Valentina that even those markets perceived as not as hard core
> as the C++ markets be pursued equally. In fact I suspect that the "SCRIPT
> developer/hobbyest" market is larger.
>

> Perhaps if you consider SCRIPTING as a more advanced language and the future
> of programming it might be easier. I remember when you weren't a programmer
> unless you could write machine code in hex.
>

> I wish there were more examples of correctly using these things in RunRev
> for me to copy...

You have report It

[V4REV 0003413]: VCursor_GetRecords does not check for validity of cursorRef

So I want clarify.

* I have got feeling from your code that issue is not in invalid cursorRef,
but that RecordCount is zero.

    we MUST check for empty records issue.

* but if issue is that CursorRef is invalid  then NO -- we should not check
it. Its your responsibility, as Robert have to mention.